Metal roofing sheets have become a popular choice for homeowners due to their durability, toughness, and modern appearance. When choosing the right metal sheet, there are several factors to consider.
The Thickness of the Application
The thickness of the metal sheet is dependent on the application. Choosing the right thickness is important as it will impact the strength and soundproofing qualities of the roof.
- For small roof projects such as temporary housing, thicknesses between 0.23mm and 0.28mm are suitable.
- For small roof and walling projects like garages and extensions, a thickness of 0.30mm to 0.35mm is ideal.
- For medium-sized roofing and general walling like small or medium-sized factories, a thickness of 0.35mm to 0.40mm is recommended.
- For medium to large roofing projects like high-quality constructions, a thickness of 0.47mm or more is required.
Color of the Roofing Sheets
Metal sheets come in different colors. Choosing the right color for your roof can be a bit confusing. Consider the following styles:
- Modern Style: includes square shapes and simple decoration.
- Tropical Style: this will have a warm and natural look.
- Minimal Style: includes a simple and clean look with a greater concept.
- Industrial Style: includes raw and cool designs.
Pre-painted or Unpainted Metals
When selecting the metal sheet, consider whether it is pre-painted or unpainted. Pre-painted metals come in a variety of colors, making it easy to match the color of the roof with the color of the house. Unpainted metals offer a raw, natural look and are suitable for industrial-style roofs.
This article was written by a roofing professional at Roofing.co. At Roofing.co, we’re determined to be the only one you need to hire when looking for Metal Roofing in St. Petersburg FL. We take a modern, professional approach to the roofing business in order to ensure our customers in St. Petersburg and the Central Florida region have the best possible experience whenever they choose us.